Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Holidays and Stuff

Happy 2013, everybody! It's been a while since I posted, so I've got a mega-blast of photos for you. So yeah, Christmas in New York: so festive, so merry, so twinkly! Only here will you see an elf hailing a cab.
                                   

Wanna see some cool Christmas light displays sometime? Go to Dyker Heights in Brooklyn. They go all out! I have my best pictures of this event posted on my photo blog, but here's a GIF of one of the (many) animatronic yard decorations (kinda creepy in person, because of the creaking sounds they make).  


And here's a shot of the Washington Square Park Christmas tree.


Before going to Texas for the actual holidays, we saw the David Mamet play Glengarry Glen Ross. It was brilliant, as expected. It starred Al Pacino.


After the play, I had the unexpected treat of seeing two stars from the play. Al himself, from afar when he exited the building...

Where's Waldo? haha
Here's a zoom-in.

...and I ran into John C. McInley (aka "Dr. Cox" on Scrubs) on the street a few blocks away!


So after hangin' out with celebs in NYC, it was off to Texas! Where I got to meet my brand-new niece, Hannah, who was born on 12-12-12.

Hannah Rose O'Shields.

Luke and Hannah.
Believe it or not, dear blog reader, it snowed in Dallas/Fort Worth on Christmas day.


A candle in glass on Mom's patio--frozen solid.

The traditional big family gathering at Aunt Angie's house.

While in Dallas, I hung out with Brooke, who recently started modeling! Not that anyone's surprised. :)

Then back to Austin, to celebrate our anniversary...



...and see friends and party on New Year's!

Christy, Sully, and Larry.

Big Mexican feast.

Karaoke.

Sparklers!


I wish you all the very best for the new year!!!

No comments: